Re: Management of ISA?

  • From: tim S <tim724342@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "\[ISAserver.org Discussion List\]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 12:48:03 -0800 (PST)

Since I assume you work for a hospital and ISA being a security device, your
decision as to who supports it must depend on HIPPA regulations.  If you screw
up the security, your hospital may end up loosing thousands of dollars in fines
and reputation.  So, I would definitely leave the ISA to security group to
incorporate it into their network design and have the network group update it
regularly.  It?s a teamwork!!! :)

"epoole@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <epoole@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:http://www.ISAserver.org

I know I've probably asked this before, but we've got a bit of turmoil
between our Network team and Information Security. Which Group should
manage ISA? Our Network team is not security minded, have no interest in
security and are not disciplined in any way. I know I may sound biased,
but in Information Security we have had ISA Server 2000 running with Surf
Control and no downtimes for about 2 years. It's constantly patched,
updated (we currently have ISA Server 2004 in testing), logs reviewed,
etc. Anyway, I got blindsided yesterday. The Network team feels it is
more of a network device as opposed to a security device and want to take
over administration. Our Director has asked that we prepare something
that demonstrates where ISA should belong. So, I thought I would ask the
experts. Side note - Unfortunately, we only use ISA as an authenticating
proxy and limited firewall. The network team has yet to build ISA into
their architecture.

http://mail.yahoo.com