RE: Management of ISA?

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 12:00:07 -0600

Hi E-pool,

I'm sure you'll get a lot of opinions on this, but if the network guys
think they never have to update or manage their devices, they're not
paying attention and you don't want the wrong people to know about that.
Although they may think that they're hardware draws mechanical
intelligence from the celestial bodies, that reality only exists in the
marketing dreamworld they Cisco vendors have provided them :)

It is definitley a NETWORK security device. So, if the network guys
aren't jiggy on security (and it sounds like they're not), then they
need to be, and the ISA firewall isn't going to be the hospital's only
security issue. I'd use this as an opportunity to demonstrate the
security benefits of the ISA firewall.

HTH,