Major ISA Security question:

  • From: "Eddie Kwong" <eddiek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 16:16:04 -0500

Hi list members, Please help me out here.

If I understand it right, for someone to publish an internal server through ISA
server, other than other things that needs to be done, under the ISA server
management  you must go to Policy Elements -> Destination Sets and setup the
INTERNAL server location there.  I use all cap for INTERNAL because this is how
I believed ISA server works.  This rule is suppose to be for locating the
internal server that has the web site you would like to publish.

My problem: I have been too busy for the last two months and didn't get a
chance to browse around ISA server for any un-usual events.  This morning when
I look, I found out that there is an extra Destination Set under the Policy
Elements->Destination Sets.  With the long name 'Friends Greeting Worm Block
Properties', (every work spell as in the quotes) and the address were a list of
*.friend.greeting.com
*.friend.greetings.com
207.21.272.104
64.191.7.4
cool-downloads.com

etc.....

My 1 millions dollar Question:  What is this?

I am the only one in my organization that setup and manage ISA server and I
didn't put that extra destination set in!!!

Any ideas?

Many thanks