Maintenance Mode?

  • From: davel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 11:44:06 -0600

What is "Maintenance Mode" and how do I enter it?

I am having problems loading ISA in Enterprise Mode. It looks like there
are remnants of failed load left in AD, and I am unable to remove them.

If I try a "-r" (reinstall) switch I get an error saying that a command
line option that can only be used in maintenance mode is being specified
and it errors out with #688. The same thing happened when I tried
uninstalling from the Control Panel.

I've even taken the computer out of the domain, formatted, reloaded 2k,
joined the domain and tried reloading.... same error.

If I try running MSISAENT.EXE to remove the schema objects it says that
one or more arrays in the enterprise still have members and that I need to
uninstall ISA from the array members before proceeding.