RE: MSN Email Issue

  • From: "PETER PAPE" <papexpjboi@xxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 18:42:52 +0000

Hi Amy,

Is it possible the user let windows save the user id / password for MSN and since the changed the user ID password? I've run into that with IE before? Is MSN asking for the authorization or ISA?
Could also be a password expired or account locked out if ISA is authenticating on domain / workgroup authentication.

Just a couple ideas...
Peter

From: "Amy Babinchak" <amy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [isalist] MSN Email Issue
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 08:54:09 -0500

http://www.ISAserver.org

I'm kicking myself for ignoring the posts on MSN. Is there a searchable archive of this list? If so, let me know where to find it and I'll go there for the answer. Here's the question:

Customer is using MSN 8. Up until Monday she was able to view and use
the email portion of MSN. But since then when she clicks the
send/receive button up comes a prompt to log into the ISA server. The
username listed in the pop up box is her MSN login name. Looking at the
server logs, MSN has tried a bunch of times to log her in with her MSN
username and password. No amount of putting in the correct username and
password into that box gets her email downloading. The firewall client
is installed on her computer. The rest of MSN is working fine. Internet
Explorer is working fine and she has no other networking issues. What
happened to MSN? I'm unable to locate somewhere in it to tell it to use
the proxy.

Thanks,

Amy

Dream of owning a home? Find out how in the First-time Home Buying Guide. http://special.msn.com/home/firsthome.armx