RE: MS SUS

  • From: "Paul Deen" <pdeen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2004 00:00:56 -0500

I seem to have a problem in my web proxy configuration.

I wish I could post screenshots. With three screenshots you could
probably point out where I am messing up. Can I place them on a server
somewhere and post the link in my next reply? I don't want to break any
list rules.

In the meantime:

In the ISA 2004 Management Console, under 'Configuration : Networks'.
On the networks section; 'Internal' properties.
In there on the 'Web proxy' Tab there is a check box called 'Enable Web
Proxy Clients'. I have this box checked and also have the box checked
for 'Enable HTTP', then in the 'HTTP port' box I have 8080.

Is 8080 correct? Or should I use 80?

In my SUS configuration, where you set the proxy server and set the
login name and password, I am pointing it to the 192.168.2.6:8080 (the
IP to the ISA Internal Int.) And I am specifying the username name and
password.
I even tried Basic authentication check box, and turned it on (checked
the box for basic auth) on the ISA side also, but it didn't work, so I
turned it back off.

I think I am confused somewhere. :)

Thanks for you help.
Paul