Lost internet connection

  • From: "alan land" <alan_land@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 07:51:27 -0600

Can anybody help please.
We have an Enterprise network with 6 ISA 2000 server across 6 sites. The
ISA servers are being used as a proxy server for the local users at each
site. Eg. London users connect to the London ISA server and the manchester
users connect to the Manchester ISA server.
The problem is that one of the ISA servers has lost the ability to broswe
the internet. Iam able to do an NSLOOKUP and resloves websites with no
problems, so the firewall is working. The way we have set our proxy
addresses is that we have a DNS name of Proxy1, Proxy2 and so on set up on
the DNS server. If on DNS server the london (working fine) ISA server is
configured as Proxy1 and this is then entered into the broswer setting on
the Manchester ISA server (not working) it is able to broswe the net fine.
If I reset the manchester ISA IE to broswe through itself via it's IP
address or Proxy2 as it is set up on DNS. I get the error "internet
explore is unable to open the internet page"

London ISA 2000 server =                Proxy 1 >>>>>> DNS
Manchester ISA 2000 server =            proxy 2  >>>>>> DNS

The one event log that is showing problems is: Web Proxy service failed to
bind its socket to 172..xxx.xxx.xxx port 80. This could be caused by
another service that is already using the same port or by a network
interface card that is not functional. The error code specified in the
Data area of the event properties indicates the cause of the failure.  For
more information about this event, see ISA Server Help.