RE: Logging to Microsoft Access

  • From: "Craft, Steve" <SCraft@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 09:03:31 -0500

I think there is one for MySQL.  What would be really nice is if the ISA
logging didn't have spaces in the column names.  This will break on many
platforms (aside from Access and MSSQL, which is probably all the Microsoft
people tested in their shortsightedness).  You might want to see if MySQL
has an issue with that.

Another point of Microsoft ISA development shortsightedness is the fact that
you can't use OLEDB providers, which is an order of magnitude more stable
and faster than ODBC.

Just to be safe, I am sticking with the text logging and coming up with my
own way to suck the logs into a database on timed intervals.