RE: Load Balancing using Windows 2000

  • From: "Chhatwal, Raminder S." <RChhatwal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 13:35:25 -0400

Actually we plan to use a combination of NLB & ISA array as a firewall
routing traffic between vendor and internal VLANs.
We are already routing traffic between the 2 VLANs and are using OSPF on
Windows 2000 server with 2 NIC's
We plan to use NLB for redundancy, fault tolerance and of course load
balancing.
ISA would be used to restrict unwanted traffic from outside or vendor VLAN.
We can consider our implementation of ISA closer to server publishing, if
even that.

Thanks