Live Splitting

  • From: sophia antip <sophanti@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "\[ISAserver.org Discussion List\]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 16:52:06 +0200 (CEST)

Hi all,
I read in the documentation of ISA that Stream
Splitting Filter is a Firewall option.
1a. If I want to use this option, have I to install
two network cards on my ISA machine?

1b. Should I install the Firewall Client on all my
client machines?

2.Actually, the splitting seems not to work on my
setup. When I look at the netshow log on the content
delivery server, all the requests of the clients are
logged.

3.On the content delivery server, I fist disable
HHTP-streming and notice that all the client requests
done with MMS:// go directly to the content server
without passing through the proxy (there is no
traffic: bytes sent-received/sec almost null). I am
obliged to request HTTP streams if I want to use the
Live Stream Splitting Filter?
If anyone can give me a complete setup to use the
splitting feature of ISA, it would help me a lot.
Thank for your help.