RE: List Consensus Please??

  • From: "Mike Anderson" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 23:08:34 -0600

Thanks Thomas,

I am starting to feel a little better... Most of my problems, were in
fact revolving around Site-to-Site connections.  Others though, revolved
around other threads that you, I, and others discussed a ways back -
regarding RPC and getting Backup Domain Controllers to properly
communicate over a Site-to-Site link to the Primary Domain Controller
sitting on the other side.  I never did get this perfected either - but
the moment I went back to ISA 2000, ALL the traffic flowed seamlessly
with no problems at all.  If I did decide to give ISA 2004 another
chance, I will have to get to the bottom of that discussion - and see
why ISA is not allowing that particular traffic.

Real quick, can you confirm something for me?  When making changes on
the ISA 2004 Firewall, of course, you have to hit the Apply Button to
make the changes go into effect.  However, those changes really wouldn't
work (well some of them), until you did a reboot.  Then stuff worked
right.

In the Event Log, there would be a message stating that the Server
required a Reboot for changes to go into effect.

How is the tech supposed to know that, if they don't get a dialog box
stating they need to reboot the server?  That is plain silly - not only
should the Apply Button, apply the changes after modifying the running
config, but if a reboot is in fact required, the tech should be told
that.

Can you elaborate on that topic?

Thanks so much for your help,

Mike