RE: Limiting Who can connect via VPN

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 11:23:54 -0500

Hi Chris,

Use L2TP/IPSec -- do mark mark the keys as exportable and they won't be
able to export the private key from the laptop. They then can copy the
configs as much as they like, but if you require L2TP/IPSec, they won't
be able to connect unless they use the laptop with the certificate.
Also, they're probably using NAT, so unless they know about NAT-T, and
you're using Windows Server 2003, and they install the NAT-T client,
they'll fail to traverse the NAT.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder