Re: Limited AD Integration

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 15:26:21 -0700

1. The stateful inspection isn't the RAM -grabber, it's active caching.
2. ISA effectiveness isn't measured by RAM, although installing it over
W2KAS on 128MB RAM will drag its figurative butt across the carpet.

3. For that amount of traffic:
Single 1GHz proc
768MB RAM for caching support;
    calculation: 256MB (base) + (128MB + (.5M * users)) =  584MB, round up
to next 128MB for room in the overhead
Drives (LVD-160 SCSI, of course):
    1 9GB system drive
    1 18GB cache drive (keep them separated if you like your hair)

HTH,
Jim Harrison
MCP(2K), A+, Network+, PCG