RE: Licensing

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 12:13:45 -0800

That statement is patently false.  Call them back and tell them I said
"liar-liar-pants-on-fire" (or your choose favorite infantile response).
Whomever you spoke to "at Microsoft" hasn't a clue how ISA functions.  ISA
neither knows nor cares about the CAL for the underlying OS and the OS is
completely ignorant of the ISA connections (among other things).

Client connections through ISA DO NOT have any association with per-user
licensing that is enforced by the OS for connections handled by Windows
services.

The MSDN license only limits you to using those bits for testing and dev
work, not the number of clients that can access ISA.

 Jim Harrison
 MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
 http://www.microsoft.com/isaserver
 http://isaserver.org/Jim_Harrison