Re: Latency

  • From: "Ray Dzek" <rdzek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 10:00:29 -0700

In my experience, nearly all "delayed connection" problems surrounding ISA
are related to DNS.  It is not latency, it is a name resolving issue.  We
learned the hard way migrating from a classic NT 4.0 WINS based domain where
everything was based on netbios names and netbeui  broadcasts.

When we installed ISA, suddenly Telnet sessions where taking up to 2 minutes
to connect.  Implementing a new DNS server with properly setup forward and
reverse lookup zones fixed everything.