L2TP - ISA2k, VPN

  • From: "Silkin Andrey" <silkin@xxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 14:57:28 +0300

 Hi all !
   I have a problem with the installation of VPN server on the ISA2K Server. I
need to install VPN-gateway on the ISA-Server,  because I want
   to connect my roaming users with the office. I installed machine certificate
on my test computer and on my ISA server. I had got this certificate
   from CA service. My CA service works in Enterprise root mode and it have
been making machine certificates for all computers in my domain.
   I have a computer with two ethernet interfaces in my test laboratory, so i
can try to connect with my network outside. So when i have turned off my
internal
   connection and have turned on my external one, i try to connect over the VPN
connection. But nothing happens !
   I saw, that my computer had tried to make a communication very long time. At
last, i saw a notification which have informed me that security
   negotiation timed out (Error 792). Can somebody explain me this situation
and give any suggestions ?

  Best Regards
  Andrey Silkin