[isalist] Re: Itunes Problems

  • From: "Ray Dzek" <Ray.Dzek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 10:19:55 -0700

I love the way that on this list that a simple request for clarification
instantly digresses to the "Open Port" joke.  As you can tell, I am not really
in the mood.  It has been the ISA week from hell, and the one group I
supposedly can turn to for help has been busy answering my emails for
assistance with the same Open Port joke we have all heard over and over again.

I never said anything about Open Port or Add Site.  That is the verbiage from
MS's own support site.

For this particular setting, there is no way to add the DNS or "site" for these
connections, only the IP addresses that the site resolves to at that moment in
time.  If the IP addresses change,  which would be the case for something like
iTunes, which uses outside companies to distribute files, then the compression
rules for that "site" will break again.  This does not seem like a proper
solution.  A better or more intuitive alternative would maybe have been the
allowance of a destination set, instead of having to use a computer or network
set.