It is necessary to restart the Firewall service to apply new policy rules

  • From: "Itajiba Bezerra" <itajiba.bezerra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 04:36:18 -0700

After installing the ISA Server 2000 SP2 on a computer with Windows 2003
SP1, I noticed the following behaviour: when a new policy rule is created,
it is necessary to restart the Firewall service and sometimes I need to
reboot the machine in order to new rule works. Another problem: it was
necessary to enable IPEnableRoute to route the traffic between the LANs.
The server has two NIC cards (External and Internal LAN) and both are
using private addresses (10.8.50.x/24 and 10.8.51.x/24).
Where is my fault ?