Isa sp1 enabling packet filtering stops access to the web from server

  • From: jparkes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 17:37:02 -0600

After enabling packet filtering and setting up filters to allow my mail in
and out i can't get access to the internet from my windows 2000 server
through Internet Explorer 5. I need access to the web from the server so
my dns2go "http://www.dns2go.com"; program can up date itself. Wehn packet
filtering is off i can get access to the web when it is on i can't. i only
have the following allowences.
!DNS filter     Allow           DNS lookup      Default external IP address
Any     UDP     Send
receive All ports       53
!DNS2go Allow           Custom filter   Default external IP
address Any     TCP     Outbound        All ports       1277
!MSN Out        Allow           Custom filter   Default external IP address
Any     TCP     Both    All
ports   1863
!POP3 Both      Allow           Custom filter   Default external IP
address Any     TCP     Both    All ports       110
!Smtp Out       Allow           Custom filter   Default external IP
address Any     TCP     Outbound        All ports       25

If you could help me with this problem that would be great!