Is this possible ?

  • From: "Paul Verhoef" <paul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 12:00:05 +0200

Hello all,

Current configuration

Internet --Isa Integrated1 -- Our LAN

HQ is planning following configuration

Internet-- border manager --Intranet (mail etc) -- Isa1-- Our LAN

                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

                They call this the backbone

And this is what I want

Internet-- border manager --Intranet (mail etc) -- Isa1-- Our LAN --
IsaIntegrated2 -- internet

I want to keep our current configuration, most of the traffic goes thru ISA2,
but if an intranet page is requested it should be handled by ISA1 for all
users. And a special group uses only ISA1 (they have a roaming profile) for all
traffic.

Some users have multiple mail addresses. Some mail should be fetched from the
internet and 1 mail address should be fetched from the backbone.

The problem is that it is still in development (backbone is not implanted in
all branches) so I can not test it at the moment.

But I would like to think ahead and like to hear what are you're thoughts on
this subject.

What do I need ?

Thanks for thinking along,

Paul