Is a DMZ recommended? and IPSEC VPN to Netopia R series

  • From: "Bruce Williams" <bwilliams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 12:08:17 -0700

Is a DMZ recommended: I've read through several of the questions and some
of the FAQs on the isaserver.org site, along with some MS documents.
After reading these, I am wondering if a DMZ is really necessary.  How
much added security does it provide?  I was considering a Tri-homed
scenario using public IPs on the DMZ.  Does it cause administration
issues, etc.?

Second question, has anyone attempted an IPSEC VPN to a Netopia R series
router, specifically a R9100 with a VPN module?