Re: Internet connection sharing and spoof attacks

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 06:41:35 -0800

You have to choose:
ICS or ISA
They don't coexist on the same machine.

Jim Harrison
MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
http://isaserver.org/authors/harrison/
----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Cheeseman" <bob@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, December 07, 2001 04:32
Subject: [isalist] Internet connection sharing and spoof attacks

http://www.ISAserver.org

I am trying to setup a client to use the built in connection
sharing in w2k and I'm seeing numerous "Spoof attack"
warnings in the event viewer on the ISA server. The
connection sharing is not allowing browsing on the client
machine. Keep getting a DNS or page not found error, even
though the connection is working. If I try to browse to a
nonstandard port I get a security message from ISA thus
indicating that I am indeed talking to the ISA server.
Both machines at the client location are w2k.
I have a another installation where the client has a w2k
machine sharing to a win98 machine talking to the same ISA
server, and it is working perfectly.

Any thoughts?

Thanx,

Bob Cheeseman