[isalist] Re: Internet Explorer 7 password prompt won't work

  • From: "Glenn P. JOHNSTON" <glenn.johnston@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 17:31:49 +1100

I'm seeing a similar thing at one of my clients.

5 of the 40 desktops  at the site were upgraded to IE7, over the weekend. These
are to be used a test bed, to ensure no problems with any of the internal apps
that are web based, and the external vendor web sites that they need use on a
day to day basis.

On the desktops that have been upgraded to IE7, there is a constant stream of
password boxes when browsing the internet. Even visiting sites like CNN.COM,
NASA.GOV,  MICROSOFT.COM, is generating password requests. Same user logs onto
a desktop with IE6, visits the same web site, no password boxes.

As no change has been made to the ISA server, I don't see this as an ISA
generated issue, as such, but IE7 is obviously talking a different language at
some point and the ISA is not understanding it, and requesting credentials.

Interestingly, if the user types in their username / password, it get rejected,
 and another password box appears, time after time.  However, If I type in
another  username / password first time it gets rejected, on second attempt it
get accepted, the web page displays, however, on the next password box, it get
rejected, time after time. And this is standard user, not an admin user.