RE: Internet Access and OWA access

  • From: "Alex Gonzalez" <AGonzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 10:02:09 -0400

Well I dont have the 350 so here you go.

1. IP addressing information on the ISA firewall's NIC?
IP:       172.27.0.25
GW:   172.27.0.1
DNS:  10.1.25.42  and .26

2. Exact config of the Web Publishing Rule?
I'll walk you through click by click of this

                1.  Publish new mail server
                2.  Web clientaccess
                3.  Just OWA selected
                4.  Secure connections only
                5.  IP 10.1.25.12
                6.  Public name mail.company.com  Same as on cert
                7.  Listener config
                     7a.  Network is internal IP address 172.27.0.27 This is an
additional address on the server as well
                     7b.  Preferences is enable HTTP and enable HTTPS.
                     7c.  I installed the cert on the server and chose it when
I enabled HTTPS
                     7c.  Authentication is integrated
                8.  User sets is All users

3. Common/subject name on the Web site certificates bound to the OWA listener
and OWA Web site?
    They are both the same mail.company.com.  I would rather not publish that
info on here.
4. Cocktail napkin network diagram that includes only the players in the
scenario.
See Attached.  The vertical lines indicate firewall's.

And for the record, this is not my idea of the design. I am just implementing
someone elses design.  I f

________________________________

OK, you've taken enough punished for deploying a unihomed ISA firewall :-)

Now, lets solve your problem.

1. IP addressing information on the ISA firewall's NIC?

2. Exact config of the Web Publishing Rule?

2A. Exact config of Web listener

3. Common/subject name on the Web site certificates bound to the OWA listener
and OWA Web site?

4. Cocktail napkin network diagram that includes only the players in the
scenario.

You can answer these questions, or send me a check for three-fiddy and I'll
read your ISAinfo printout and answer them for you ;-)
http://tinyurl.com/3xqb7 <http://tinyurl.com/3xqb7>
MVP -- ISA Firewalls