Internal Web Server Publishing question.

  • From: Brian McCann <bjm1287@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2001 23:27:58 -0500

I've got a question I hope someone can help me with.  I've got an internal
Linux Apache web server hosting individual user's home pages, and I'd like
to publish them.  However, I think I'm doing something wrong.  How would I
go about re-directing something like www.myplace.com/~XXXXXXXX to the
internal server.  Basically, and folder starting with ~ would redirect to my
Linux server.  I read that you can configure destination sets for like
/folder/*, but I was wondering if anyone had done anything like I'm trying
to do and how you accomplished it?

Thanks,
--Brian