Internal WAN

  • From: "Andy Haigh" <ahaigh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 10:21:40 +1100

I have just upgraded a server to use ISA 2004 and have run into a
problem.

On the old ISA 2000 server had some static routes configured to other
networks which are connected via a router on the internal network, this
worked fine.

Now that we have installed the ISA 2004 server we are unable to access
the other networks due to the stricter rules set now used. I have tried
adding a rule to allow the traffic to the other LAN's but think I have
confused myself. The network is as below

Internet-----------ISA 2004 -------LAN X (172.22.4.0/24)----------Router
A--------------WAN------------Router B------------LAN Y (172.22.11.0/24)

What would be the best way to set the rules up to allow traffic from LAN
Y to the ISA 2004 server.

I also have a SBS 2003 site which we are about to upgrade to SP1 which
will require this. The SBS box currently is configured as the default
gateway for the clients and they have an application which is required
to be routed via the clients internal WAN.

Thanks

Andy