Re: Internal Routing and the FW client

  • From: "Thor \(Hammer of God\)" <thor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 10:50:27 -0700

You don't have to install the FW client if you are just giving them outbound web--you just put the ISA server name (or internal ip) in their proxy settings...

The clients will keep the default GW as the local router (the gw must be on the same subnet as the client.) If you do install the FW client, everything will still work just fine.

The only tricky part is if you want to create a SecureNAT client on Site 2 or Site 3-- to do this, you'll need a "next-hop" map on the internal router on Site1 to forward packets coming from Site2 and Site3 not destined for the internal network to the internal interface of the ISA server.

hth

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter" <pladd@xxxxxxxx>