[isalist] Re: Interesting question...

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 17:50:59 -0800

Nope - it's not.
NAT doesn't break the TCP connection; proxy does.

This is CERN proxy behavior; the upstream server is blissfully ignorant of the
"real" client IP.
It *may * have access to such niceties as user-agent, but those are not
guaranteed.

   MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
   http://isaserver.org/Jim_Harrison/
   http://isatools.org