RE: Interesting problem...

  • From: "Ball, Dan" <DBall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 13:08:42 -0500

The only reason they were "unexpected" is because I didn't recognize the
IPs.  Once I compared them to the Root Hint IPs, it made sense.

I hadn't configured our ISP's DNS server as the forwarding server on
that one, since it wasn't "supposed" to be acting as a forwarder.  So,
that makes sense why it contacted the Root Hint servers instead.

Thanks, the more I explain the symptoms, the more it makes sense to me.
I'm thinking it is more of a replication problem now, where settings
from the PDC DNS server are not making it to that one server, thus
screwing up the ISA server's name resolution, and slowing everything
down.