Interesting Vonage Post

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 11:44:27 -0500

Bruce Williams
Junior Member
Member # 11651

Rate Member
<http://forums.isaserver.org/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_profile;u=00011651>
  posted August 02, 2004 04:31 PM
<http://forums.isaserver.org/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_profile;u=00011651>

<http://forums.isaserver.org/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=edit_post;f=20;t=000264;
reply_num=000018;u=00011651>
<http://forums.isaserver.org/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=reply;f=20;t=000264;repl
yto=000018>
________________________________

I have vonage using ISA2004 Standard and a Motorola ATA
Here is what I've done, works for both incoming and outgoing calls

* Setup the modem with a fixed IP address in the LAN range (see vonage
installation manual).
* In ISA2004 create a computer object that represents the Motorala ATA
ip address
* Create the following Access Rule

Allow -> selected protocols

DNS
NTP(udp)
Time(UDP)

Vonage RTP (udp)
10000-20000 UPD Send Receive
10000-20000 UDP Receive

Vonage SIP (UDP)
5060-5061 Send Receive
5060-5061 Receive

Vonage TFTP (UDP)
69-69 Send Receive
69-69 Receive

to -> External.

That's all I did and it works fine. I found no need to create incoming
rules.

Optional:

I have refined the access rule to go to vonage subnet 216.115.16.0/20 by
creating a subnet object.
They (vonage) also use ntp0.usno.navy.mil (192.5.41.40) and
Global-Crossing as the link to the phone system.

So if you wanted to go wild you could create the following network
objects

Vonage Subnet object (in subnets)
Vonage Time Sync object (in computers, or computer ranges)
Vonage RTP object (global crossing subnet)

Then have the protocols directed to those objects only.

Get the book!
http://tinyurl.com/3xqb7 <http://tinyurl.com/3xqb7>
MVP -- ISA Firewalls

GIF image