Inter Domain Communications

  • From: "josephk" <josephk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 14:25:00 -0800

Hi All,

I think that I'm finally getting a handle on my network!

But, I do have a couple of questions that I hope can get answered on
this list.
From the following articles which is the best practices method of using
the ADLong/DirRep?
I'm just wondering why the difference in setup.
Thank you,
Joseph

http://www.isaserver.org/articles/2004perimeterdomain.html

*ADLogon/DirRep:
Primary Connection: 50000 TCP Outbound (requires RPC key set on the
back-end Exchange Server)

Perform the following steps on each of the domain controllers in your
domain to change the RPC replication port to 50000:

1.       Click Start and click Run. In the Open text box enter Regedit
and click OK.

2.       Go to the following Registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NTDS\Parameters\

3.       Click the Edit menu and point to New. Click DWORD Value.

4.       Rename the entry from New Value #1 to TCP/IP Port, then double
click the entry.

5.       In the Edit DWORD Value dialog box, select the Decimal option.
Enter 50000 in the Value data text box. Click OK.

6.       Restart the domain controller.

http://www.isaserver.org/articles/2004dmzfebe.html

ADLogon/DirRep:
Primary Connection: 1600 TCP Outbound (requires RPC key set on the
back-end Exchange Server)