[isalist] Re: Installing ISA2006?

  • From: "Ball, Dan" <DBall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 12:45:34 -0500

Simply put: The solution was to put settings in the default Internal
Network properties.  The installation will fail if there are no IP
ranges specified in the "default" Internal Network.

Original "network" configurations:

Internal (default): blank

Internal - LAN: settings for local network.

Internal - WAN: settings for wide-area-network.

Internal - Test: settings for test network.

Revised configuration:

Internal (default): settings for local network.

Internal - WAN: settings for wide-area-network.

During the upgrade process, there are surprisingly few choices.  The
only choice I made during the install was to accept the EULA or not.
The rest of the menus offered no choices except to continue with the
upgrade process (next).  Hence, no choice other than to continue was
made.

________________________________

Date:                12/27/2006

Time:                1:31:18 PM

User:                DOMAIN\username

Computer:         HOSTNAME

Product: Microsoft ISA Server 2006 -- The relationship between property
settings is incorrect. When installing ISA Server in this mode, you must
specify INTERNALNETRANGES..

0000: 7b 44 44 34 43 45 45 35   {DD4CEE5

0008: 39 2d 35 31 39 32 2d 34   9-5192-4

0010: 43 45 31 2d 38 41 46 41   CE1-8AFA

0018: 2d 31 43 46 41 38 45 42   -1CFA8EB

0020: 33 37 32 30 39 7d         37209}