RE: Installing ISA in firewall mode but no firewall at all

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 11:02:36 -0500

Hi Bogdan,

If the ISA Server firewall is the only egress point from the internal
network to the Internet, then it must be firewalling unless you've
misconfigured the LAT. Make sure you install the Firewall client on all
Microsoft systems  and that all systems are configured with the Web
Proxy client config. Otherwise, you might as well use a simple packet
filter like PIX.

HTH,
Tom
Thomas W Shinder