RE: Installing ISA in firewall mode but no firewall at all

  • From: "Bogdan Florin" <florinb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 16:59:53 +0300

I intend to use ISA as FIREWALL between internet and my network. All
computers it have setup GATEWAY the IP of the ISA from INTERNAL SIDE.
The LAT it is reflecting the INTERNAL IP's even if they are real
internet IP.

ISA do not see any traffic maded by the users even in FIREWALL even in
WEB PROXY service.

It is very interesting why it is nor working.

Personally speaking I done also other experiement: I setup a machine
with 2 NIC. I setup RRAS to forward a small 8 ip class to the second nic
! I ping the internet from a computer on the second NIC LAN and
everything was working great. I install ISA hoping that all HTTP
cusstomers request it will be catched and the cusstomers will browse
from cache ! and notthing happened.

Yours sincerely,

Bogdan Florin
manager