Re: Informal Survey

  • From: Glenn Maks <gmaks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 14:29:32 -0400

For what is is worth, and I have heard many definitions of what DMZ and
Perimeter Network was, I have always used the term DMZ to describe the
Segment between the Public Routers IP Interface and the Public IP Interface
of the Firewall, some people configure this to be a 2 node network, one IP
for the Router Interface, the interface that points to the customers
firewall and the other for the firewall itself, Perimeter Network, I usually
call my Service Network, this typically would be a protected subnet behind
the firewall separate from your Private Business Network, typically you
would publish all your public services that you offer to your customers on
the Perimeter Network or which I call Service Net or Network, services like
FTP, HTTP, Telnet, any Database services etc. Hope that helps