Re: Incoming Netmeeting call

  • From: "Stefano Peduzzi" <Stefano.Peduzzi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 23:54:56 +0200

Hi William,
as stated in http://www.isaserver.org/pages/article.asp?id=216 did you do the
following:

"The setup I had on the previous ISA Server incarnation had a Protocol Rule
that allowed All IP Traffic to everyone outbound. That worked for us because no
one else came into our office, but when our son decided to move home, I figured
that a certain level of accountability was required so while all outbound
traffic was still allowed, the user still had to authenticate as a domain user
(that way I could pin up reports of unsavory activity on the refrigerator door).
Apparently, the Gatekeeper doesn't like this configuration. When I changed the
access control for the All IP Traffic rule to allow everyone access, the
gatekeeper started working again! However, the prospect of allowing all
outbound traffic to everyone wasn't very enticing since we have to deal with a
college age kid who's traffic I need to easily keep an eye on.

The solution was easy. All I need to do was create a Protocol Rule for the
H.323 Protocol that allowed outbound access to everyone. That way I could
continue to demand authentication for all protocols except for H.323. Since no
one but Debi and I would use NetMeeting, I felt this was a safe configuration."

Hope this helps.

Stefano