I'm really getting sick of these systems...

  • From: "Ball, Dan" <DBall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 10:02:02 -0500

Here is what I got today regarding software that needs to be running
"asap".  While they included lots of information, they left an awful lot
out.  I'll guess at most, and query them for the rest.

Isn't it amazing what they "assume" you are running?

(I x'd out identifying information so they won't get mad at me for
publishing it)
----------------------------------
XXX Libraries

Libraries using the XXXXX XXX client need the following ports open for
two-way communication:

*       800
*       1030
*       1031
*       2000
*       4600
*       4900
*       4999
*       5210

These ports need to communicate to the XXX server at IP address
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

You also need port:

*       22

open to the data drop server (xxxxx.xxx.org) at IP address
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
For XXXXXX statistics open port:

*       4444   -com.iii.applet.ntool

to the central server (xxxxx.xxx.org) at IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Innovative Libraries

Innovative libraries use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) security protocol
for data encryptions. Innovative's software is compatible with all SSL
certificates. Encryption strength of 40-bit is acceptable. CSDirect has
an SSL FAQ you may want to read. The XXXXXX servers have their SSL
certificates from Verisign.

To configure your local server to run INN-Reach software using Secure
Patron Verification:

1.      Open the following ports to incoming and outgoing messages
between your server and the XXXXXX central server (xxxxxx.xxx.org, IP
address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx):

        *       6601
        *       5020
        *       443 (for SSL)

If your local server is using Secure Patron Verification:

1.      Close all unused ports on your local server.
2.      Disallow rlogin on your local server.

For XXXXXX statistics open port:

*       4444   -com.iii.applet.ntool

to the central server (xxxxxx.xxx.org) at IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx