ISAserver.org - Preventing P2P and Instant Messaging programs from hijacking your network with ISA Server 2004 by Greg Mulholland

  • From: "ISAserver.org" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 04:42:14 +0200

ISAserver.org - RealTime Article Update

Hi ISAlist,

Title: Preventing P2P and Instant Messaging programs from hijacking your
network with ISA Server 2004 by Greg Mulholland
Author: Thomas Shinder
uphold the integrity and productivity of their networks. Some of the major
issues they have found with these potentially dangerous applications (P2P,
IM’s) are the potential to disclose corporate information (source code etc) in
a non mediated forum, the misuse of company resources, legal issues, possible
virus incursion and simply the fact that it is another (flavor of the month)
type point of attack, potentially jeopardizing the entire network.
This article will describe how in simple terms we can leverage a new feature of
ISA Server 2004 to prevent these types of applications clogging our internet
pipe and exposing our company/network to the above issues.
Link: http://www.ISAserver.org/pages/article.asp?id=1247

section to unsubscribe.
ISAserver.org is in no way affiliated with Microsoft Corp.
For sponsorship information, contact us at advertising@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Copyright © ISAserver.org 2004. All rights reserved.