[isalist] ISAserver.org - Monitoring and Blocking Network Access Based on Geographic Location using Forefront Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010

  • From: "ISAserver.org" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ISAlist" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 07:51:54 -0500

ISAserver.org - Monitoring and Blocking Network Access Based on Geographic
Location using Forefront Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010

Hi ISAlist,

Just Published
Monitoring and Blocking Network Access Based on Geographic Location using
Forefront Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010 (on 18 June 2013 by Richard
Hicks)
http://www.isaserver.org/articles-tutorials/configuration-security/monitoring-blocking-network-access-based-geographic-location-using-forefront-threat-management-gateway-tmg-2010.html
In this article I will demonstrate some methods that security engineers and
Forefront TMG firewall administrators can use to identify, monitor, and block
network communication based on the geographic location of the source or
destination IP address.

Recent Articles & Tutorials
Understanding TMG Logging (Part 2) (on 11 June 2013 by Deb Shinder)
http://www.isaserver.org/articles-tutorials/general/understanding-tmg-logging-part2.html
In  this part 2 of our article series, we’re going to take a look at logging
options, disk space considerations and how the TMG firewall works with various
forms of SQL.

Implementing Windows Server 2012 DirectAccess behind Forefront TMG (Part 1) (on
4 June 2013 by Marc Grote)
http://www.isaserver.org/articles-tutorials/general/implementing-windows-server-2012-directaccess-behind-forefront-tmg-part1.html
In this two-part article the author explains how to configure Windows Server
2012 as a DirectAccess Server. Part 1 covers the basic parts and the technology
behind Windows Server 2012 DirectAccess.

GFI WebMonitor for ISA/TMG Voted ISAserver.org Readers’ Choice Award Winner -
Access Control (on 30 May 2013 by The Editor)
http://www.isaserver.org/news/ISAserver-Readers-Choice-Award-Access-Control-GFI-WebMonitor-Mar13.html
GFI WebMonitor for ISA/TMG was selected the winner in the Access Control
category of the ISAserver.org Readers' Choice Awards. Chaperon for ISA 2004/06
and Burstek WebFilter for ISA/TMG were runner-up and second runner-up
respectively.

Understanding TMG Logging (Part 1) (on 28 May 2013 by Deb Shinder)
http://www.isaserver.org/articles-tutorials/general/Understanding-TMG-Logging-Part1.html
In this article, I want to talk about why TMG firewall logging is important and
what some of the improvements are in logging for the TMG 2010 firewall.

ISAserver.org Sections
- Articles & Tutorials (http://www.isaserver.org/articles-tutorials/)
- Products (http://www.isaserver.org/software/)
- Reviews (http://www.isaserver.org/articles-tutorials/product-reviews/)