ISA/PROXY/DNS - I don't know!

  • From: "Friese, Casey" <cfriese@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 08:32:35 -0500

Greetings,

My company's corporate web site is hosted by a 3rd party provider.  The DNS
record pointing to the web site are hosted by a different partner.

I received a phone call from our web hosting provider stating that they are
changing their setup to a load-balancing confguration for all of their
customer's web sites.  For access to remain available to our web site I had to
contact my DNS provider and request that a CNAME be created for our WWW record.

After the changes were made at our DNS provider access to our website, by
internal clients, has been acting weird.  Here's what's hapening.

Clients cannot access the site by using just the firewall client on their
machines.  They must manually configure the browser with the ISA's ip in order
to get to the web site.  All other sites work fine.  Seems like a DNS or
LAT/LDT issue but I'm not sure where to look or what to add.

Secondly, Internal clients type in the address of our web site and they are
immediaetly bounced to the website provider's "We're Sorry Page", upon hitting
refresh, our company's web page is displayed, hit refresh again and the "We're
Sorry Page" is shown...this continues.  I thought it was a load-balancing setup
issue at the provider but...

Access to my company's web site functions perfectly from connections outside of
our network.

Anyone have any ideas where to look?

Thank You,
Casey Friese