RE: [ISALIST] Domain name issue

  • From: "Paul Nuernberger" <pen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 13:11:06 -0600

MessageI am assuming that you are running W2k/AD DNS in your internal
domain - why not just add a host entry for the www. host, pointing at the
relevant ip address.  As long as you are set up correctly (i.e. using your
internal DNS to resolve first, and forwarding requests when it can't) this
should work.  Or, at least, it worked for one of my customers in the exact
same situation.  The only host outside of their internal network/domain was
the website, and initially email (now is also 'in-house').

Paul Nuernberger
Manager
BARON Computers, Inc.