ISAInfo localization test call for assistance

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 10:36:43 -0700

Hi everyone,

As we all know, I don't have a life and my whole self-image is wrapped up in
writing VBScript for ISA.
;-)

I've created a true beast of a script in ISInfo and I need your help testing
it.
Essentially it's this:
1. ISAInfo needs the same access to all servers in the enterprise that the
management MMC does
    this means Domain and / or Local Admin rights
2. I figured how to validate the interactive user's context in script, but I
also ran afoul of the fact that "Domain Admins" and "Administrators" isn't
the same text in non-English languages (ok; let's hear the collective <duh>
and get it over with <G>).

I think I've solved that issue without hard-coding those group names into
the script and *my* tests have been successful, but before I loose it on an
unsuspecting public, It should get the approval of some other folks as well.

In that light and to make a long story short <too late>, if you're
interested in testing this (I promise; it won't break your toys), then you
can grab it from :

http://isatools.org/isainfo.1.9.1.vbs

Please let me know what you think (good, bad, ugly)...

 Jim Harrison
 MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
 http://www.microsoft.com/isaserver
 http://isaserver.org/Jim_Harrison