Re: ISA2004 + AD + Exchange

  • From: "Marc A. Mapplebeck, MCP/MCDST/N+/A+" <mmapplebeck@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 10:23:52 -0600

I have had this work in a lab situation, however, you mentioned
terminal services. I had problems properly publishing TS where all these
services are hosted on one machine. Not to say it won't work, but very bad
idea, even if you had a small machine to setup as a stopgap firewall to
the time you can replace it, everything else should be fine. Personal
experience has shown that it is best in situations like this, to offload
the firewall to another machine rather than try to run a firewall on
the same machine as everything else. Anyone else have any comments?

Hope this helps - Marc