ISA2000 there are no available ports on this computer

  • From: "Darryl Janetzki" <darrylj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 17:10:01 +1000

Hi everyone. I restored ISA2000 system state to a problem with the SMTP
filter... I am now having this problem The problem occurs every 5 or so
days

The Web Proxy service failed to create a network socket because there
are no available ports on this computer. ISA server already reset the
maximal port number to 65535. Make sure this is the value at
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Service\TcpIp\Parameters\MaxUsePort and
restart the computer to apply this change

I investigated the MS article  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321844
Is this the fix ?

Any assistance welcome

Darryl Janetzki