Re: ISA server newbie question

  • From: "Adam Hearne" <adam.hearne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 10:47:37 +1000

Thanks for the hasty reply Tom, if I'm not mistaken, I'm think I am
studying one of your books at the moment.  It is a pleasure to hear from
someone who has contributed so much to the industry.

Guys, I hope the following paragraph sums up the problem easily, let me
know if the description is clear or not...

The problem I was trying to communicate before was the fact that my web
browser gives a 407 (proxy Auth error) when I try to visit a page like
hotmail.com (just to clarify, I'm not trying to access the hotmail
server through outlook express, but merely trying to browse to the page
'hotmail.com' and others like it).  I have defined the appropriate
destination set, but yet the user still gets the 407 error.  Another
site that this happens with is 'oztips.com' - for some reason, just
allowing that domain in my destination sets still does not let them
access that site through the ISA server.  For simpler sites (like
'whitepages.com.au'), I only have to add the URL into the destination
set AND THEN IT WORKS PERFECTLY.  There in lies my problem.  Does the
different architecture of a site mean you have to be more specific with
ISA configurations?

Many thanks to you for reading this far.  I hope your thoughts can shed
some light on my situation.

Appreciatively,

Adam