RE: ISA server cannot connect to Internet

  • From: Jim Harrison <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 06:25:54 -0700

Ok kids; if you can't play nice, then I'm going to have to stop this car and
smack some bottoms.

The next thing that pops out (after the TS on the DC) is the statement
"installed the FW client".
This is not supported on the ISA server itself.
You'll have to remove it before any other troubleshooting can be done.

Sorry if this sounds like preaching, but there's nothing about SBS that
requires you to keep the TS App server on the main server; this was a decision
made by whomever installed it.

The fact that your lusers can log on locally to your DC (required for TS
access) indicates a future fraught with similar pain and heartache for you as
the administrator.  Again; nothing about SBS requires this deployment.
TS App servers don't require behemoth servers; behecaterpillars are more than
adequate.

  Jim Harrison
  MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
  http://isaserver.org/Jim_Harrison/
  http://isatools.org
  Read the help / books / articles!

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 13:53:00 +0100
 "Troy Armour" <troy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
http://www.ISAserver.org

just for the record-the isa server is used in conjuntion with the router to
control access as the router doesn't offer that-they control times etc users
can go online-and can report back on what sites the users were looking
at-maybe other tools can do this but it comes with SBS2000. please just get
off my case and help find a solution.

regards

troy