ISA redundancy without AD

  • From: "Schrader, Rob" <rob.schrader@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 10:11:46 -0600

Here's the scenario.   I have 7 ISA servers across my enterprise, each at a
different physical location.  All are setup as stand alone servers, because
we do not have Active Directory running, running cache mode only. I have Sun
boxes handling taking care of my firewall at my 2 internet pops.

I am being asked to setup redundancy for ISA.  What are my options?  Is it
possible to automatically point clients to a different ISA server if 1 goes
down?  Do I setup a local cluster, and use Network Load Balancing.  I
realize if I was running an ISA array, things would be much simpler, but
that it not an option right now.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Rob Schrader

NT Ops