Re: ISA prevents downloading thru ftp

  • From: "Small Guy" <joeyng74@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 14:12:23 +0800

Hello,

This looks like a IE browser problem, I guess. I hope I did not
misunderstand your problem.

If you are using IE5.5, please follow the following link
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q266389&GSSNB=1

Below is the excerpt from the documentation :-

=================
ADDITIONAL ISSUES
=================

FTP User Interface and Functionality
------------------------------------
If you discover an issue in the FTP user interface that blocks
FTP functionality, you can turn off this feature on the Advanced
tab in the Internet Options dialog box.

The following functionality is not supported:

- Internet connection via CERN or Web proxy servers.
- Connecting to VAX or VMS FTP servers.
- Using the browser from within a separate application or service.
- Copying from server to server.
- Drag-and-drop or copy-and-paste functionality from an FTP
 server is supported only on Windows 2000, Windows Me, and later.

regards, joey...

From: "cismic" <cismic@xxxxxxx>
To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [isalist] Re: ISA prevents downloading thru ftp
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 17:33:26 -0800

http://www.ISAserver.org

In ie there is a setting under \options\security and under any zones The ability to specify if file downloads are allowed. This would in effect hinder how ie would download a file. If you installed from an administrative source then that option could be disabled.

Joseph