RE: ISA preventing external clients from downloading exe files from internal web server

  • From: "Brian Reeves" <bjr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 23:49:19 -0600

I assure you that they are there.  We made a copy of one of the files and
then added an extra character at the end of the file name to change it
from exe to exe_ and then it would work which led us to a possible Site
and Content Rule that was causing the problem, but the rules allow all
content types and there are no rules to deny any tyupe of content.  This
problem only occurs when the file extension is EXE.

I was working with a consulting firm and they can't figure out what is
going wrong either, which is why I turned to this board for help before I
go and dish out $250 for Microsoft to try and figure it out.