RE: ISA loses DNS

  • From: "Joseph" <cismic@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 08:31:00 -0800

A few questions.

1.  Are both your DNS servers for the outside world?  Meaning you have 1
with public accessible information?  www.yourweb.com etc?  And the other
with your internal domain information?
Typically the gateway IP address of each of the machines should be
127.0.0.1
And would use forwarders out to the internet.
FIRWALL -- DNS  -- DNS

2.  Are they both active directory enabled?
3.  Are you using a DMZ
        FIREWALL -- DMZ -- WEBS -- FIREWALL -- DNS -- DNS?

4. There is a good article located on http://www.isaserver.org that
discusses pre ISA installation and DNS  setup.

Joseph